Thursday, September 25, 2008

Prom

One more high school flashback. Every girls dreams of Prom right!? It's like what you wait your whole life for. Well I was thrilled that I was actually asked quite a while before the actual dance. I found the perfect dress and although I wasn't in love with the boy he was cute enough and he played basketball, so cute & athletic, not a bad combination right!?

We didn't have a day date but he called me and said that he was going to come pick me up for dinner at 5:00. I was like, "5:00!? That's kinda early but maybe they have something else planned. I will just go with it!" So I went to get my hair done, put on my perfect dress, and was ready when he came. We took some pictures and went to a nice restaurant in the city. There was 4 of us, we doubled with one other couple. The two boys just sat there and talked to each other, sharing inside jokes and laughing with us just sitting there like, "Uh..." I think they were nervous, but Hi! Talk to me! ;) Dinner ended in an hour and the dance didn't start until 8:00. So uh, we had some time to kill. So they drove us around the town for a while. Again, talking to each other and not us. We ended up arriving at the dance early. We were the first ones there, we actually arrived with the photographers and we sat outside the picture room while they set up the backgrounds. We went into the dance hall and took a seat. I learned that my date didn't actually like to dance and didn't want to. So we sat. We sat alot. We danced one slow song. I tried to get him to get up and dance. I got up and danced with my friends when they arrived but he just sat. The dance ended at 11:30 and guess what!? We stayed until the very end. Even when people were cleaning up the dance, we were still there. Just us and the people in charge of the dance who were cleaning. Just standing awkwardly. I said, "Um, I think all student body officer's may need to help clean-up, so let me go check. I will be back." I didn't but I said, "Ya, I am going to be staying to clean-up. Was there anything planned for after or is that okay?" He looked at the other kid, like, "Hmmm!? Anything after!?" Obviously nothing was planned. I said, "Okay then..." I gave him a hug and scooted them out the door the best I could. Then I went to my neighbor who was a faculty member at the high school and I said, "Hey, can I get a ride home!?" We were out the door in minutes. The next day my friend told me that the keys had gotten locked in the car so they stood in the parking lot for like an hour before finally heading home!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!! What a night right!?

No comments: