Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Little Prince

I have always sworn that I have the best brother's in the world. They are first incredibly cute and fun and second, they have really picked up on how to treat girls. Ever since my brothers were young they would always open doors for us girls and this has continued up to this day.

My parents were out of town a couple weeks ago and so I decided to go out to dinner with my little brother while my other little brother was at a birthday party. He asked if he could drive me and I said, "Sure." and threw him my keys. I headed out the door first and walked to the passenger side of my car. He ran to catch up to me and got to the door right before me and opened it for me. It was important for him to get every door for me that night and to treat me special. I loved it. It made me think of all the past times we have gone out and how he has always done that. In the past I have dated guys who have never once opened the door for me and it actually has been a sour spot in the relationship. When I was younger i always thought, "I can do it myself, I don't need a guy to open it for me!" But since I have come to appreciate the respect and kindness that comes from the men opening the doors.

Kudos to all who do that! And thanks little brother for that reminder of how I should be treated!

No comments: