Tuesday, January 20, 2009

tricky tricky

So there is a basketball player, that's usually how all good dates start out right!? ;^) After the basketball players last home game I just went to my friends house to chill. At about 10:00 when the guys were done with the coach pep talk and were able to leave I got a text from one of the players (they call them players for a reason), Matt. Matt and I had been talking for a while but we haven't done TONS together. He was going to a after-party to watch his teammates drink & smoke (but he doesn't do that) and I was just going to stay with my friend. So at about 11:00 as I was getting ready to go home and go to bed he texted and asked if I would come over. I was like, "Really!? At 11:00? There isn't much to do at that time of night." But he persisted. I said, "I couldn't because I had to wake up early for church the next morning." After some more texts of insisting and rejection he said, "If you come over, I will go to church with you tomorrow." Well being the missionary oriented person I like to be he had me. I was like, "OK!" So I went over. I told him though that nothing would be happening that evening between us.

I sat on the couch and we started chatting, talking about the game, etc., and then when I was in mid-sentence (yet again) he goes in for the kill and just starts kissing me. Fine. Why do boys do that?! I stopped him and I said, "Whoa, whoa! I told you nothing was going to happen tonight." I told him that I didn't like that he asked me to come over at 11:00 and that it made me feel like a booty call even though I never give him any of that. He laughed and he said, "You are not a booty call!" So I was like, "Fine." and we kissed. He kept stopping every now and then to laugh and say, "Booty call!? HAHA I can't believe you thought you were! You mean more to me than that." (whatever.)

So we talked alot that night then I left to go home and go to sleep and I told him I would pick him up on my way to church. He said he couldn't come anymore because he needed his beauty sleep. LIAR!!!! I was like, "WHAT!?" We talked about it and he was not coming. Lame butt!

So he texted me the next day and did ask how church was. I said, "great. only 3 hours and it really flew by!" These are the texts he sent, "I don't kno how u can say only 3 houRS cuz for me it's so freakin long" I said, "Really!? Did it seem like that long last night?" He said, "Don't even try to compare last night with church. If church was like that I would go all day all sundays!"

HAHA! There is a new aspect to missionary work except for the fact that it didn't get him to church! ;^) Here is where the story gets lame. I am done with athlete's. NO MORE!!!! So after repeatedly telling me I was not a booty call. At least two weeks went by before I heard from him again. Dang player!

No comments: