Monday, March 9, 2009

Dang! Does it get better than this!?

So I have been accused of not putting anything good up on my blog. BUT... the title is 911 dating. The point of it was kinda horror dating stories, but i decided to post something good. The reason why I haven't posted in a while is because I have started dating just one guy pretty exclusively. He is pretty dang cute and has so many wonderful qualities. He makes me feel special too! Here are some stories of what he does to make me feel loved:

He listens to me and then surprises me by acting on the things that I say.

For example, one night we went to a church social where they were eating soup and playing games. We were talking to one of the older ladies and she was telling us about the movie, "Australia" that they had just gone to see in the theater. I said, "Oh! Did you like it?! I have been wanting to see that..." and we just kept talking. Mike picked up on this and that Saturday invited me to watch "Australia" with him. (It was before we were officially dating.)

Another time I had just gotten off work and we were talking on the phone. I was telling him that at the home I had just visited they were watching, "The Express." I said, "I watched part of it and it made me want to see it so bad! It's a true story and I love true stories..." I told him a little bit about it but then didn't think too much of it until that weekend when he said, "Hey, what if we get together and I rent 'The Express'."

I think over and over to myself, "Awe!!!! He really listens to what I say and then he acts on it!!!" Does it get any better than that!?

Yes... yes it does! Mike had to work one Thursday night so we hung out in the afternoon. He dropped me off at my apartment at 6 and headed to work and I got in my car and headed straight to our school for a meeting. A few hours later he texted me and asked how the meeting was. I told him, "it was fine, but nothing great. However getting to campus was a pain because of traffic! Did you know that there was a basketball game tonight!? I had no idea and I love watching basketball games. I can't believe I missed it." Now Mike loves college football but he isn't really that keen on watching college basketball. So he is a Senior, graduating in 2 months and has never been to one of our college basketball games. He didn't say much about it that night but a couple days later one of my friends came up from out of town. Mike had to work that night so we all went out to lunch together. As we were walking out he said, "Oh, I looked at the schedule and there is a basketball game next Thursday, do you want to go together!?" I was like, "YES!!!!!" Honestly, isn't that the sweetest thing!? For him to know how bummed I was to miss it, to look up the next game, and to plan on coming with me!? Love him!

No comments: