Monday, November 23, 2009

Society

This past week i have been staying at my parents house and taking care of my little brothers because my parents went on a week long cruise. It has been interesting. Perhaps because I have been seeing old neighbors again and they still wonder why I am 25 and not married. For example, I recieved this phonecall the other day:

Me: Hello
Neighbor: Hey, who's this?
Me: Doree
Neighbor: Oh hey! Is your mom or dad there?"
Me: No, sorry, they are away for a week and won't be home until Tuesday morning.
Neighbor: Oh that's okay, I'll try them later. But hey, how are you?
Me: I am doing good. How are you?"
Neighbor: Are you married yet?
Me: Well no...
Neighbor: Well how good can you be then?
Me: Well possibly better than if I were. (I tried to think of a good comeback.)

We then proceeded to talk more about marriage and he tried to convince me that I needed it in my life RIGHT NOW and I tried to convince him that I was honestly still happy and fine and that I have the rest of eternity to be married so I would be okay...

Thank you people in society for deciding that since I am not married I am not as happy as I could otherwise be.

(P.S. YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

No comments: