Sunday, November 16, 2008

LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME

So my friend is dating a football player at our school. For the longest time her boyfriend has been wanting to set me up with one of his friends. It finally worked out tonight and it may have been the lamest date I have been on in a really long time. (Besides the fact that I feel like it is the ONLY date I have been on in a really long time!) Well, so I get the text yesterday that says, "How about a little date tomorrow?" I was like, "Sounds good." She texted, "They say bowling at 8. Is that good." and I say, "Good."

This morning I get a text again, "Still good for tonight?" I am like, "Yep." Then she texts, "Ok. Bowling at 7:30 then." I am like, "Yep, but why did they change it to 7:30?" She texts back, "Because I guess Tim has somewhere to be at 9." (LAME #1) I am like, THAT IS SO STUPID!!!!! So I text, "That is lame." I had to give a presentation at 6:30 and at 7:00 so I said I have a presentation at 7, it should be over by 7:30 so I might be a couple minutes late, but that's good." I realized to a while after texting her that he had just created an out for himself. I can safetly bet that he didn't have anything and that just in case he didn't think I was cute or we didn't get along, he had just created an out for himself. WHATEVER. Way to go guy!

So I go do my presentations and I text her at like 7:25 to say, "Okay I am done. You can come over whenever." So 5 minutes later she calls me and says, "Okay I guess that I am going to come pick you up and we are just going to meet them at Chris's house. That good?" I am like (LAME #2) "Sure. Whatever." So she comes and picks me up and we go to her boyfriend Chris's house. Tim had already gotten there so we walked in and they were sitting on the couch playing PS 2 football. (Hardcore football players... ye-ah! so stupid.) Anyways, we said hey to each other and then they were so into this game that they couldn't talk to us. (LAME #3) So after 10 minutes they decided we can go now. So we walk out together, and get in my friends car. Tim and I sit in the backseat. You all know blind dates right? Awkward. You can't really be yourself when you don't know the person... Maybe it's just me, but I am kinda shy until I get to know the person. I felt like he kinda was too.

Well we got to the bowling alley without really talking to each other and it was league bowling that night so we couldn't bowl. So we went to another bowling alley and on the way out of Lindon Lanes my friend said, "Why don't you sit in the front with me?" This was LAME on my part but I did. And Tim didn't hear her ask so he was probably like, "Why is she switching to the front?" Whatever. On the way to the Fun Jungle I turned around and said, "Oh by the way Tim, I think that it is great that you created an out for yourself by saying that you had something at 9." (You know, lightening the mood. - haha) And he was like, "huh? what? Who told you that? I don't have to be gone by 9..." So I look at Chris & Marissa, like uh... they told me... what's going on here? And Chris was like, "Oh I thought that was tonight, but he had something another night." So by the way they were acting it was like it had just been an out, but apparently he didn't want to use it. YES!!! (GOOD THING #1.) We talked a little more on the way to the bowling alley and it went really good. We laughed and smiled and it was just nice. (You know, good date.) We got to the the Fun Jungle though and stood in line for a while and talked. It wasn't amazing but it was fine. He paid for me to bowl (which is what you expect on a date right?) but I guess that since that doesn't always happen that was GOOD THING #2. We were given lane #12. We sat by each other and that was nice because then we could talk. However, they plit us up into teams and me and Marissa were against him & Chris. That was lame because we couldn't cheer for each other. Blah. But he got like 4 strikes in a row. I am not a bowler. Oh well.

The game ended and Marissa, Chris, and I were ready to go but Tim wanted to play another game. I was like, This is good. He doesn't want to leave. We even got kicked off our lane and had to move to Lane 10. But he still agreed and then he and Chris went to pay and Marissa and I went and sat down. I sat down on the end where I was last time and this time Marissa sat down by me, then Chris came back and sat down by her, and the only place left for Tim to sit was on the clear other end. LAME #4 because we couldn't talk to each other. Well it was a pretty boring game and 1/2 way through we decided to leave. Without thinking I just sat in the front seat again, LAME #2 on my behalf. We went to the Pita Pit and he ordered and paid for himself. Uh... not me. LAME #5 and AWKWARD!!!!!!!!! Chris paid for me and Marissa and then we sat down to dinner. Tim had been on his phone while bowling so I got on my phone too. Lame for both of us but oh well, what can you do? During dinner he answered the phone and said, "Okay, give me five minutes." LAME #6 So we finished dinner, left the restraunt and he says by to Chris, nice to meet you marci and Doree he says, "it was fun we should hang out again sometime" as he gives me a hug and asks for my number! Are you KIDDING!?!?!!?!? I am so lame and gave it to him but he is not going to call. That was an awful, horrible date and that is not the type of person I want to date anyway. Someone who doesn't pay for dinner and who leaves at the restraunt. Ugh!! Horrible horrible horrible. Lame lame lame.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Pays for himself and not for you? Creating an out? I don't care what other good stuff happened. Those are both COMPLETELY lame! I had a good dating disaster for you but I can't remember now what it is. How about my blind date a few weeks ago where the other couple we were out with decided to talk about different ways they could kill my ex-husband? Awkward.

Carly said...

That is too funny! Blind dates are very awkward. . . but I married a blind date so maybe it will work out :) But this football player has lots of shaping up to do if he even wants to ask you out again.

Alisha LeBaron said...

I wouldn't even put any more energy into this guy!

Ashley said...

Sounds like a Winner!